Banana, Coconut and Honey Cream Tarts
When you feel like eating a cookie, there is nothing better than this German Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are as delicious as they sound! Chewy chocolate chip cookies topped with a mouthwatering pecan-coconut frosting that will remind you of German Chocolate cake. They are easy to bake and just the right cookie to satisfy that ever enduring crave for something sweet.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time25 min
- Yield24 Cookies
- 1 pound pie dough, rolled 1/8” inch thick
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 baby bananas, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- toasted coconut flakes
- honey for drizzling
Preparing the Pie Dough
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Line 8 mini tart pans with pie dough and score the bottom of each with a fork.
- Place tart pans onto a sheet pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until tart shells are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for about 20 minutes before removing from molds and continuing to cool on cooling racks.
Preparing the Filling
- Pour sugar, honey, cornstarch, salt, and milk into a saucepan and whisk together.
- Place saucepan over medium-low heat and cook mixture, stirring frequently, until mixture simmers. Whisk 1 cup of the scalding milk mixture into the egg yolks, then pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
- Continue to cook the mixture over medium-low heat, constantly stirring, until the pudding is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat, place over an ice bath and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Once pudding has cooled down, whip the heavy cream until medium peaks form and fold into the pudding.
Preparing the Topping
- Press 1 teaspoon of turbinado sugar evenly over the cut-side of each baby banana half. Using a brulee torch, gently brulee the sugar atop each banana half until fully caramelized and a hard shell forms.
- To assemble: Fill each tart shell with honey-cream and top each with a bruleed baby banana half. Finish each tart with a sprinkle of toasted coconut flakes and a drizzle of honey. Serve.
Original recipe – here.