German Chocolate Chip Cookies
When you feel like eating a cookie, there is nothing better than this German Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are as delicious as they sound! Chewy chocolate chip cookies topped with a mouthwatering pecan-coconut frosting that will remind you of German Chocolate cake. They are easy to bake and just the right cookie to satisfy that ever enduring crave for something sweet.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time25 min
- Yield24 Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup optional semisweet chocolate chips to drizzle
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 5oz can evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preparing the Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a mixer, cream together butter , sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time and then mix in vanilla.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to creamed mixture until all of the flour mixture is combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Using a tablespoon, drop cookie dough 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
Preparing the Frosting
- In a medium saucepan, combine evaporated milk, sugar, butter and egg.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once mixture has thickened, stir in coconut and pecans.
- Once cookies have cooled, spread frosting over cookies.
Optional, melt additional chocolate chips in microwave and drizzle over frosted cookies.
Original recipe – here.