Vanilla Snap Biscuits
When you feel like eating a cookie, there is nothing better than this German Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are as delicious as they sound! Chewy chocolate chip cookies topped with a mouthwatering pecan-coconut frosting that will remind you of German Chocolate cake. They are easy to bake and just the right cookie to satisfy that ever enduring crave for something sweet.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time25 min
- Yield24 Cookies
- 185gms butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- icing sugar to dust
Preparing the Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 180 c
- In a food processor mix the butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth
- Add the flour, egg and egg yolk and process until the mixture forms a soft dough
- Take the dough out the processor and knead slightly bringing it together in ball and wrap it in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface or between 2 sheets of baking paper until about ½ cm / 5mm thick
- Cut the dough into approximately 7cm rounds
- Place the dough rounds on a baking sheet that has been lined with baking paper or silicone baking sheets
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until golden brown
- Remove the biscuits carefully from the baking tray and allow them to cool on a wire cooling rack as they have a tendency to carry over cooking and could turn too brown once removed from the oven (I generally cool all biscuits on a cooling rack).
- When cooled, dust them with some icing sugar or decorate as desired.
Original recipe – here.